Monday, January 22, 2007

Whew, glad that's over!

As some of you know already it's be quite a week for me particularly over the weekend. I'll start at the beginning though. I went home for Christmas break without meeting with my adviser, primarily due to the questionable finical status I was in. I was unaware however that I could not register at all until I did. I found this out when I tried to register about 2 weeks before classes started. So I emailed my adviser but she didn't get back to me until this Thursday a day after classes had started. I went in on Tuesday and Wednesday to see if she was in and she never was. I talked to someone in the department and was told that only my adviser could help me. She had office hours on Thursday so I thought I would run in then and try to get this sorted out. Unfortunately I didn't remember her hours right and I missed them. So I sent another email, which she replied to and told me that I wasn't on her list. She sent a email to the department secretary and after confusing me with someone else they figured out I was right. So she set up a time to meet on Monday. So then came the weekend. Friday night at six o'clock was the rehearsal for Ryan Joseph and (now!) Shelsy Joseph's wedding and I was a groomsman. So I google mapped it and left around 3pm. After about 30 minutes I realized that the directions were sending me in the complete opposite direction. So I turned around and started the other way. Realizing that I was going to be late I began to go a little fast. Problem was that it was snowing pretty hard. After about 20 minutes I was going up a hill and as I crested it I lost all traction and spun off the road into a snow drift. I was stuck. Fortunately a guy with a big pickup truck saw me and turned around to pull me out. I was much more cautious after that :-) I arrived about an hour and change late but so was everyone else so I pulled in just as they began rehearsing the procession. I jumped in line coat and all. Afterwards we headed for the rehearsal dinner. After following Angela all over Williamsport because she doesn't know her left from her right ;-), we got to the restaurant and enjoyed a very nice meal. All the groomsmen were housed in the basement of Shelsy's aunt. The room was a literal shrine to the Miami Dolphins and Dan Marino. Posters, wallpaper, lamps, everything. But the really cool thing was that there was a huge home theater system, which meant lots of late movies :D. So the day of the wedding came and it went quite well. Our tuxes were so great. We all wanted to keep them. The reception was good, aside from an embarrassing dance with the bridesmaids. And my trip home was pretty good as well. Whew, that was a lot of writing. Sorry to babble I'm sure it was pretty boring but hey.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Ah! I can finally comment! For the last week and half, Blogger wouldn't let me comment on your stuff. Weird, I know. So now I have to comment on all three of your stories, the newest of which I haven't even read yet. :-)

Aside from your encounter with the Snow Drift from Hell, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding. We did have fun in that basement, didn't we? Tom's line, "I want to be the last person to share a bed with Ryan...", Josh throwing his lighter into the pillar...yes. :-)

And that dance wasn't that bad. At least we picked a good song...