Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Down with the sickness

Here I am sitting in front of my computer. Mostly because I got the flu pretty bad. It started on Sunday, just a headache. Monday I felt a little off, a major headache and a little bit of a fever I think. I got home from my 9:15 class and slept most of the day. I thought I was feeling better by the evening but not quite. Yesterday I got up in the morning with a severe headache, sore neck and back, a fever, and some weird rash/blister things. I downed a couple of ibuprofen and manged to get through my classes. I got home around 2pm and started to get severe chills and sweats, along with the other things. I lay in bed sleeping or watching Family Guy for the rest of the day. I woke up this morning not feeling any better, but I had an exam for my first class so I had to go. I figured I would take ibuprofen and get a long hot shower, and then get the exam done as quickly as possible. As I was taking a shower I started feeling dizzy and nauseous. I began vomiting, or at least trying to, but there was nothing to throw up. I got out of the shower and pretty much collapsed on the floor because I was so dizzy. After leaning on the toilet for about ten minutes, the ibuprofen kicked in, and I was able to get to class to take the exam. I've been feeling a little better, but I think only because I have been taking ibuprofen every 4-5 hours. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow, because I can't really afford to miss more classes. Yeah, not exactly thrilling, but hey, there's my life so far this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You poor thing. I'm sorry you have been feeling so puny. In my case I guess you would say punny - maybe. Good job on getting the exam done.

We all miss you very much. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for you!:^( I hope you feel better! Mom is worried about you and wants you to call. I miss ya.
Sar-Sar

Ryan said...

So I just noticed that you'd posted this. I blame not having a computer for several days. :-)

Anyway, it'd be stupid to say "I hope you feel better" because I saw you last night and I know you're better already. Ahem.

Whatev'. Peace!