Monday, October 09, 2006

How About Them Eagles!

Well things have calmed down enough for me to have a chance and be in the mood to update my blog, as some of you have been whining about (Ryan). In case some of you didn't know, a friend of mine whose name is Ian Murphy was in a serious car crash on the 30th. He suffered a severe trauma to the side of his head and was expected to die within two days. Needless to day, I was not really feeling like bothering with blogs. Good news is, he is still alive, and while still not out of the woods, he is moving in a positive direction. That has been the big thing this past week and a half. Um, I can't really think of a good segue to more trivial things, so I'm just going to jump in. Classes are going great. I actually have all my eight o'clock classes cancelled for the next three days, so I get to sleep in a bit. Ahhh. Yesterday was a great day. I got to mix for church which was quite fun and something I haven't done in a long time. Then came the Eagles game. I got my McNabb jersey and sat down to watch some football. Man, what a great game. I was very, very, very into the game. Yelling, praying, running around the room on good plays, you name I was doing it. Our defense is so much fun to watch. Boy, that last drive by the Cowboys was INTENSE. I was on my feet the whole time and like a foot from the tv. On that 4 and 18 play where Lewis interfered I was screaming NOOOOOO!!!!!! Pacing back and forth, muttering, "C'mon, C'mon." And then Lito intercepted. The instant I saw it, I ripped my jersey off and ran and jumped around the room waving it in the air screaming like a banshee. Was I glad that all the Basslers were out of the house. I was insane. I have a picture that might give you an idea of what I was like:And that about wraps up my week. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your latest post about the game, and said this? from the guy who used to huff and leave the room if I made too much noise during an Eagles game??? Loved the photo. I actually laughed out loud.

Your "gee,I love the Eagles" mom

Ryan said...

I was not whining! I reminded you to update, and, in all fairness, that was before I knew about the other stuff you were going through.

But I'm glad to hear everything's okay and that life is good up there. I enjoyed the game, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Joel, you should have heard us all while we watched the game! We had Kel over and Kel, mom,dad and I were screaming all at the same time!! We had a blast watching it!

Sarah(the one whose your sister)

Ps. I am putting Westbrook jersey on my christmas list!